Japanese beetles and corn rootworms had big populations in 2012 that could cause problems for 2013, said Brent Wilson, DuPont Pioneer technical services manager. Drought years are high insect years, he explained.
Two insects of concern after drought
- Decline in oil prices caused by weak demand, good supply
- Lower feed costs, less production lead to record livestock prices
- Grain Prices @ Illinois Interior Country Elevators
- Hog Outlook: Hog prices lower this week
- USDA estimates number of U.S. swine operations, farms
- Leading Breeders form Genetic Services Company