Japanese beetles and corn rootworms had big populations in 2012 that could cause problems for 2013, said Brent Wilson, DuPont Pioneer technical services manager. Drought years are high insect years, he explained.
Two insects of concern after drought
- Livestock Slaughter: Pork production drops 2%
- Cold Storage: Frozen pork supplies down 3%
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Hog Outlook: Farrow-to-finishers earned $107.25 per head in July
- Slaughter, hog weight adjustments raise second-half production
- WTO rules against U.S. in meat label fight