Connect with consumers in 'year of the farmer'
In a Super Bowl commercial earlier this year, Dodge Ram proclaimed 2013 the "Year of the Farmer." And to keep the momentum going, the company has featured a variety of farmers and ranchers in a guest blog. FULL STORY »
Will La Nada summer turn into La Niña winter?
Last summer’s record-breaking weather is a distant memory. And in the latest “State of the Climate” report, this summer will be remembered as anything but mild. FULL STORY »
Rain too late to help crops as corn harvest kicks off
Farmers welcomed a break in a late-season heat wave and dry spell, but did the cooler, rainy weather come too late? FULL STORY »
Dear Chipotle: Farmers respond to ‘scarecrow’ ad
Chipotle’s latest slam on big agriculture has been praised by advertising critics and consumers, but those within the ag community aren’t as positive. FULL STORY »
Is climate policy more threatening than climate change?
A new study from the University of California-Davis finds that climate policy is more threatening to farmers than climate change. FULL STORY »
Corn production forecast at record 13.8 billion bu.
According to the USDA’s latest “Crop Production” report, corn production is forecast at 13.8 billion bushels, and if realized, the crop will be a new record for the U.S. This is also up 28 percent from 2012. FULL STORY »
America in 2023: A look at the past, future of economic growth
Forbes recently looked at the drivers of America’s past – and future – growth in the nation’s diverse regions. FULL STORY »
More trouble for bankrupt Agfeed
Just one week after AgFeed Industries Inc. was given the green light to sell its U.S. operations to a trio of its competitors. Now, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has preliminarily decided to recommend an enforcement action be brought against it on alleged violations of anti-fraud provisions of securities laws. FULL STORY »
- Groundbreaking marks first step for new BIOMIN headquarters
- Video series addresses “superbugs” in meat and poultry products
- Wheat proved an exception to general ag market strength Wednesday
- Purdue Extension to host Farming Together workshop
- Purdue, Ohio State partner to help farmers control marestail
- Increasing cropping frequency may boost food supply
- USMEF: Regional director sees potential in Cambodian market
- Novartis opens animal health books to Bayer, others
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- Fact sheet: Farm bill programs and the environment, economy
- Farrow-to-finish margins strongly in the black
- Food-price inflation slows in 2013