Exports: Pork sales plummet 46%
After staying steady for the better part of the last month, the USDA reported a 46 percent drop in pork net sales in their weekly “U.S. Export and Sales” report. FULL STORY »
Smithfield posts $4.2M loss after Shuanghui merger
Last week, Smithfield Foods announced it lost $4.2 million in the company’s second fiscal quarter report, ending Oct. 27. FULL STORY »
Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?
“All I want for Christmas is a farm bill…” is a tune some farmers may be singing this holiday season, but will Congress deliver or be a Scrooge? FULL STORY »
Allergic to pork? Blame cat allergies
It could be bad news for pork lovers with cat allergies. While the two may be seemingly unrelated, researchers have found a small number of people with cat sensitivities who are also be allergic to pork. FULL STORY »
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- Commentary: The ultimate squelch on GMO labeling
- Recount upholds Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’
- Baise: Are radical nutritionists hijacking federal dietary guidelines?
- Merck announces veterinary scholarships
- AGree releases papers on challenges facing agriculture